So, here I am having returned home from hospital/rehabilitation with mixed feelings and lots to take from the experience.
If I'm honest, I didn't really know which angle to take here, so I've created a 'gratitude' list from the experience of being there, and now that of being home.
- A cheerful 'good morning' to start every day and drag me out of my usual morning grump. "Emmmmmaaaaaa". (See vid below)
- A choice of lying-in or setting a noisy alarm, with time for tea before having to converse.
- On-site coffee shop with tea or hot chocolate on tap.
- My own kitchen open all day with access to my fave hot beverages for free. And tea just how I like it :-)
- A remote-controlled bed.
- Sleeping in my own bed under the Eiffel Tower. With no curtains around it.
- Girlie roommate chats over Lidl marshmallows, anytime day or night.
- No bathroom queues, anytime day or night.
- Comfy trackies are a must for physio, who am I to complain?
- A wardrobe full of options.. Jeans...skirts... chunky knits..oh let me at it!
- Meals handed up every day like clockwork.
- Making my own grocery shopping list and my own menu.. oh where to start.. healthy fruit..unhealthy non-fruit...
- All-singing, all-giggling staff to entertain, who needs TV anyway?
- 24 hour uninterrupted Wi-Fi, or TV, whichever :-)
- Yoga and relaxation classes.. cos who makes time for that at home?
- The prospect of getting my social life back!
- Breakfast in bed with 9.30 lie-ins on Sunday.
- Breakfast? Don't you mean brunch?
- New friendships and shared experiences creating a support network and bringing new perspectives on life.
- Time to appreciate precious time with family and friends.