Sunday 16 October 2016

Gratefully yours..

If the last few weeks have taught me anything at all, it's the power of gratitude. I've heard it said many times that either beginning or ending the day by recalling three things you're grateful for can actually affect your mood, and what you attract into your life. 


So, here I am having returned home from hospital/rehabilitation with mixed feelings and lots to take from the experience. 
If I'm honest, I didn't really know which angle to take here, so I've created a 'gratitude' list from the experience of being there, and now that of being home.


1.
  • A cheerful 'good morning' to start every day and drag me out of my usual morning grump. "Emmmmmaaaaaa". (See vid below)
  • A choice of lying-in or setting a noisy alarm, with time for tea before having to converse.
2.
  • On-site coffee shop with tea or hot chocolate on tap.
  • My own kitchen open all day with access to my fave hot beverages for free. And tea just how I like it :-)
3.
  • A remote-controlled bed.
  • Sleeping in my own bed under the Eiffel Tower. With no curtains around it.
4.
  • Girlie roommate chats over Lidl marshmallows, anytime day or night.
  • No bathroom queues, anytime day or night.
5.
  • Comfy trackies are a must for physio, who am I to complain?
  • A wardrobe full of options.. Jeans...skirts... chunky knits..oh let me at it!
6.
  • Meals handed up every day like clockwork.
  • Making my own grocery shopping list and my own menu.. oh where to start.. healthy fruit..unhealthy non-fruit...
7.
  • All-singing, all-giggling staff to entertain, who needs TV anyway?
  • 24 hour uninterrupted Wi-Fi, or TV, whichever :-)
8.
  • Yoga and relaxation classes.. cos who makes time for that at home?
  • The prospect of getting my social life back!
9.
  • Breakfast in bed with 9.30 lie-ins on Sunday. 
  • Breakfast? Don't you mean brunch?
10.
  • New friendships and shared experiences creating a support network and bringing new perspectives on life.
  • Time to appreciate precious time with family and friends. 


https://youtu.be/ksO35s3Bffc

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Styleability. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig